[squeak-dev] Image not startable after save

Fabio Niephaus lists at fniephaus.com
Sat Jun 6 15:54:10 UTC 2020

On Sat, 6 Jun 2020 at 5:43 pm, Thiede, Christoph <
Christoph.Thiede at student.hpi.uni-potsdam.de> wrote:

> Thank you, Jakob.
>

> Well, I have to revoke my previous success message. Restarting my image
> another time and it crashes again on startup ...
>
> <http://www.hpi.de/>
>
> But I have looked up my sources files. They do contain DisplayScreen class
> >> #startUp. And (Smalltalk class classVarNamed: #StartUpList) includes:
> #DisplayScreen. What could be the problem?

Wild guess: there's something wrong with the display form and the Windows
VM crashes before the beDisplay primitive is called with a fresh one. That
could explain why it works on macOS. I could have a look at the raw display
object if you provide an image.

Fabio