[squeak-dev] Image not startable after save

Thiede, Christoph Christoph.Thiede at student.hpi.uni-potsdam.de
Sat Jun 6 15:56:11 UTC 2020

Could there be some cache of a previous sources file version that is overriding the #startUp method saved in the image?

At the moment, my workaround to keep using my image is:

  1.  Move sources file away
  2.  Start image
  3.  Move sources file back
  4.  In the "Cannot locate sources file" warning, debug invocation
  5.  Restart from the FileDirectory class >> #openSources:andChanges:forImage: context.

<http://www.hpi.de/>

You can use the sources file and save your image as usually, but you will need to repeat the above steps upon every image restart ...

Best,
Christoph