[squeak-dev] MC Configurations feature request

Robert Withers robert.withers at pm.me
Sun Jun 7 18:24:33 UTC 2020

On 6/7/20 2:17 PM, Robert Withers wrote:
> I am not sure I can express myself effectively, as I don't just want to
> say yuck and carry on. I owe an explanation of my opinion. I strongly
> dislike the auto-construction of #baselineOf and #configurationOf
> methods and their required presence.

> We should have repositories of
> artifacts, like maven repos, and dependency specification in a build declaration script.
> Call it a .sqm for Smalltalk Qualification Module. This has the protocol
> of the new Smalltalk-based Gradle.

Each projects .sqm file is in the git root directory for that project,
exactly as the POM is for Maven. Andso, it si under git control. As the
POM is specified as the fundamental unit of work, so the SQM file for
Straddle.

Straddle is the Smalltalk analog to Gradle, which helps teams build,
automate and deliver better software, faster. From the inside of an
image. Browse Straddle config file (SQM).

Just wanted to clarify a little bit.

K, rabbit