[squeak-dev] SearchBar oddity

Marcel Taeumel marcel.taeumel at hpi.de
Thu Jun 11 09:31:23 UTC 2020

Hi Chris.

> The scratch pad is supposed to disappear on lost focus or pressing of ESCape.

It does that if "use scratch pad" is actually enabled in the preferences. That other thing is not the actual scratch pad, I suppose.

Best,
Marcel
Am 10.06.2020 04:27:23 schrieb Chris Muller <asqueaker at gmail.com>:
Hi Subbu,

SearchBar behaves oddly when I print expressions in it.

  * Enter 3+4 in search bar
  * ALT/CMD-p to print
  * A small widget pops up below the bar with the result 7

The Search bar is only good for input, so its scratch pad is used for print output.  The scratch pad is supposed to disappear on lost focus or pressing of ESCape.

  * It doesn't disappear when you click elsewhere.

That's a bug.

 - Chris