[squeak-dev] FileDirectory fails

David T. Lewis lewis at mail.msen.com
Sat Jun 13 15:31:21 UTC 2020

On Sat, Jun 13, 2020 at 04:17:21PM +0200, Tobias Pape wrote:

> > On 13.06.2020, at 16:02, K K Subbu <kksubbu.ml at gmail.com> wrote:
> >
> > Hi,
> >
> > On the latest alpha, I see
> > {
> > FileDirectory on: '.'.
> > FileDirectory on: './test'.
> > FileDirectory on: ''}
> >
> > {UnixFileDirectory on '/.' . UnixFileDirectory on '/./test' . UnixFileDirectory on '/'}
> >
> > Anyone else see the same problems? What about on Macs?
> >
> > The file tests are all green :-(.
>
> This is actually the currently expected behavior.
> What was your expectation?
> -t

If I delete the method UnixFileDirectory>>setPathName: then the behavior
is exactly what I would expect.

The setPathName: is an override for unix file systems. I don't know the
original motivation for that override, but its behavior does not seem
right to me. I'm going to leave it out of my working image for a while
and see if anything horrible happens.

Dave