[squeak-dev] Starting an image from SqueakConsole manipulates pwd

Marcel Taeumel marcel.taeumel at hpi.de
Sun Jun 14 07:39:19 UTC 2020

Isn't that intended? You have a large number of images somewhere on your disk but only a handful of VMs. From Squeak's perspective, the current working directory should be where that image is located, not the VM.

Best,
Marcel
Am 12.06.2020 20:03:39 schrieb K K Subbu <kksubbu.ml at gmail.com>:
On 12/06/20 7:24 pm, Thiede, Christoph wrote:
> I just rechecked this under Ubuntu. Same issue here. Do you agree
> that it is a bug that the pwd is changed when starting the VM?

On all platforms, the default directory is the current directory, but
FileDirectory>>startUp is setting the default directory to that of the
image instead of current directory. The attached fix will cure the fault.

If this works, I will post a patch to Inbox tomorrow.

Regards .. Subbu