[squeak-dev] FileDirectory fails

K K Subbu kksubbu.ml at gmail.com
Sun Jun 14 10:50:52 UTC 2020

On 14/06/20 1:19 pm, K K Subbu wrote:

> On the other hand, the path 'SourcesV50.sources' is incomplete (dirname
> missing) and should not be passed to plugin. The image has to resolve
> this file in imagePath, vmPath or getcwd() directories before passing it
> to the plugin.

On thinking further, I feel path name completion (fullPathFor:) is best
delegated to plugin since the specific set of paths to lookup are
platform-specific. For legacy plugins, the image can fallback to the
first valid path in the list {name, imagePath/name or vmPath/name}.

FileDirectory should just be a tuple (container, entry). A FileDirectory
instance is a directory if its entry is a directory or a file otherwise.
A root is a directory with empty strings for both.

Does this proposal make sense?

Regards .. Subbu