[squeak-dev] [Cuis-dev] Event handling challenges

David T. Lewis lewis at mail.msen.com
Mon Jun 15 17:51:02 UTC 2020

Hi Stephen,

On Mon, Jun 15, 2020 at 10:08:27AM -0700, stephen--- via Cuis-dev wrote:

> Hello all,
>
> I???ve been working in Cuis and loving the reduced footprint, and Trygve???s note encourages me to ask whether there???s anyone who wants to contribute to a reimplementation of old-school MVC and an updated ???wrapper??? framework for GUI construction in Squeak/Cuis.
>
> My application (Siren music tools) uses StandardSystemViews/Controllers, and so I???ve made file-ins that restore much of the View/Controller framework, but bottoming out to Morphs for the display objects.
>
> Did I miss it in the years I was away? Has this been done before?
>
> stp

Just in case you may be overlooking it, MVC is alive and well in Squeak 5.3.

  world menu -> open... -> mvc project

It may be in need of fixes and improvements, and if so there are several
people on the Squeak list (including me) who will be interested in helping.

It would be cool to see MVC in Cuis too. I think that Juan was recently
talking about re-implementing Squeak projects in Cuis, so that might make
it quite feasible.

The Squeak implementation of MVC may be carrying along some accumulated
baggage, so I'm not sure if it would be a suitable starting point for Cuis.

Dave