[squeak-dev] Installer loading cryptography mcm files: used to work (I think) and doesn't now

Robert Withers robert.withers at pm.me
Wed Jun 17 21:03:30 UTC 2020

I went ahead and updated all the config maps in Cryptography and Oceanside. As you browse the latest version, you will see the nils for repositories. Just delete those and re-add the appropriate repositories and republish. Here are the latest versions with the correct repositories.

> - ProCrypto-1-1-1-rww.16.mcm
> - ProCryptoTests-1-1-1-rww.6.mcm
> - PromisesLoader-rww.5.mcm
> - SSLLoader-rww.35.mcm
> - ston-config-map-rww.2.mcm

K, r

On 6/17/20 12:52 PM, David T. Lewis wrote:

> Update - I found the cause, but not yet the fix.
>
> The repository reference in an update map are cached in the repository
> that lives in the squeaksource.com image. The structure of class
> MCHttpRepository has changed in years between the old ss image and
> the new one, and those repository references were broken in the
> process of converting the old image repository to the new one.
>
> Next step is figuring out how to fix it.
>
> Dave
>
> On Wed, Jun 17, 2020 at 08:54:59AM -0400, David T. Lewis wrote:
>
>> Confirmed.
>>
>> I do not know the cause, but I'll try to figure it out today. We have
>> been running squeaksource.com on a significantly updated image for
>> about 7 days. Very likely that is when the problem first appeared.
>>
>> Dave
>>
>> On Wed, Jun 17, 2020 at 05:08:14AM +0200, Levente Uzonyi wrote:
>>
>>> Well, it actually seems to be a squeaksource.com issue. All .mcm files
>>> served by squeaksource.com seem to be missing their repository
>>> information. E.g.:
>>> http://squeaksource.com/OSProcess/update-dtl.mcm
>>>
>>> http://squeaksource.com/Cryptography/ProCrypto-1-1-1-tpr.15.mcm
>>>
>>> http://squeaksource.com/PostgresV3/update-ul.1.mcm
>>> source.squeak.org is not affected by this:
>>> https://source.squeak.org/trunk/update-mt.475.mcm