[squeak-dev] [ANN] The Heart of the Snake King

karl ramberg karlramberg at gmail.com
Wed Jun 24 12:07:25 UTC 2020

On Wed, Jun 24, 2020 at 1:49 PM Nicolas Cellier <

> Hi Karl,
> the broken Win64 is related to this:
> https://github.com/OpenSmalltalk/opensmalltalk-vm/issues/498
> I have identified the root cause to be a change of compiler flags, so it
> shall be easy to fix (a 3 liner).
> We need to check why those changes were added (for building Terf on Win64
> with clang.exe and native MS tools/libs) and if we can safely remove them.
> Eliot shall know, but he seems a bit busy ATM.

Thanks for the info.
So there were 2 issues causing my grievance ;-)
I tested the image with older 64 bit Vm as well and the VM and image never
started up, it just disappeared without any warnings or other information
about what went wrong.

As Stephane mentioned it needs a 32 bit VM which worked fine.

Best,
Karl