[squeak-dev] VW font setting

tim Rowledge tim at rowledge.org
Fri Jun 26 23:53:24 UTC 2020

> On 2020-06-25, at 5:10 PM, tim Rowledge <tim at rowledge.org> wrote:
>
> If there's anyone in the list that has recently used VW and knows how to get fonts set up to be actually readable in a VW8.3 system running on Ubuntu lite with the xfce4 window manager.... I'd appreciate any pointers to helpful info.

I stumbled on a dreadful hack way to improve things noticeably by editing things like the magic numbers in DefaultSkin>platformStandardVariableWidthFont. Which is horrible, but at least I can actually see the menu lines now.

Let's try to make sure Squeak does this less annoyingly.

tim
BASIC is to computer programming as QWERTY is to typing.