[squeak-dev] Squeak5.3 linux ARMv6 segfaults on startup

tim Rowledge tim at rowledge.org
Mon Mar 9 00:54:49 UTC 2020

I've just tested on a slightly older Raspbian install (the prior 'Stretch' version as opposed to the current 'Buster') and the crash.dmp is identical. So it's not a new OS issue.

> On 2020-03-08, at 1:32 PM, Fabio Niephaus <lists at fniephaus.com> wrote:
>
> We could just ship an older VM, right? I think it's fine to regenerate the ARMv6 bundles, especially if they are DOA anyway.

Well we could but I'd far rather know the cause. IIRC the release VM for ARMv6 is currently built using a cross-compiler- is that right?

tim
Programmer: One who is too lacking in people skills to be a software engineer.