[squeak-dev] smalltalkCI Trunk broken: vmParameterAt:put: failed

tim Rowledge tim at rowledge.org
Tue Mar 10 20:46:40 UTC 2020

> On 2020-03-10, at 12:42 PM, Eliot Miranda <eliot.miranda at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> Any stack traces?  Which parameter, which value was being assigned, etc?
>
> "Something went wrong" is rather vague...

On the ARMv6 vm it was logged as in SmalltalkImage>setGCParameters where we read param 44 and set param 6. Haven't had time to try to remember how I set up build/debug to go any further into it yet. And I can't for the life of me see why /lib/arm-linux-gnueabihf/libc.so.6(vsprintf+0x80)[0x76c89228] got involved... unless sometihng is/was broken in a trampoline thing? Returning to completely nonsensical places usually doesn't work out so well.

tim
Half the people you know are below average.