[squeak-dev] Squeak 6502 images on Mac Catalina

David T. Lewis lewis at mail.msen.com
Fri Mar 27 18:12:49 UTC 2020

On Fri, Mar 27, 2020 at 10:19:57PM +0530, K K Subbu wrote:
> Hi,
>
> With Apple dropping support for 32-bit apps in Catalina, what is the
> recommended way to work with Squeak 6502 images? The mac builds in
> files.squeak.org/3.8 will not work anymore.

The interpreter VM is a 64 bit app running 32 bit images, so no
issues with 32-bit support. However, I expect that there will be
problems compiling on the newer llvm toolset, so I don't know if
a freshly compiled VM will work on Catalina.

The SqueakJS VM is a good choice in many cases, and it does run
6502 images.

Dave