[squeak-dev] Question about inlining | How to access named temps in FullBlockClosure?

Nicolas Cellier nicolas.cellier.aka.nice at gmail.com
Mon Mar 30 10:54:20 UTC 2020

Hi Christoph,

Le ven. 27 mars 2020 à 17:10, Christoph Thiede <
christoph.thiede at student.hpi.uni-potsdam.de> a écrit :

> Hi Eliot,
>
> > Quite right.  Can you find out how common cases like these are?  I bet
> you
> > there will be five methods or less in trunk that are affected.
>
> I did a full search in my image:
>
> pattern := '.*to\:[\s\r\n]*\w+[\s\r\n]*do\:[\s\r\n]*\[[^\]]*\[.*' asRegex.
> self systemNavigation allMethods select: [:m |
>         pattern matches: m getSource].
>
> My Source Files are very slow,

You might want to use:

    CurrentReadOnlySourceFiles cacheDuring: [ ... ]

<http://forum.world.st/The-Inbox-ShoutCore-ct-78-mcz-tp5109909p5110050.html>

> so I interrupted the script after one hour, but I still found more than 250
> matches. I took some samples and they looked indeed relevant. Nested
> #to:do:
> loops, for example ...
> Or do I misunderstand your idea of a rule?
>
> The problem is not so when evaluating nested block.
It's when returning a nested block for later evaluation.

However, if we can agree on leaving it as it is, it's irrelevant ;-)