[squeak-dev] Why does nvidia.settings app require mesa (croquet related)

gettimothy gettimothy at zoho.com
Sat May 2 14:06:43 UTC 2020

Hi folks

During a new install on the NVme drives, i decided to test my hypithesis that perhaps mesa was interfering somehow .

I removed mesa from the install and installed the nvidia driver and its 32 bit support libs. Hoping that bypassing nesa, i could hack croquet to hit the nvidia libs.

To my surprise, the nvidia-settings configuration tool does not work without mesa.

My goal is, on the 64 bit machine with the nvidia 32 bit libs tovget Hello Triangle OpenGL app working from squeak.

Sent from phone with tiny koydchvtsd