[squeak-dev] The Inbox: Collections-nice.891.mcz

tim Rowledge tim at rowledge.org
Sat May 2 19:20:19 UTC 2020

Help Help! I'm being oppressed!

> On 2020-05-02, at 11:50 AM, Eliot Miranda <eliot.miranda at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> (& Tim, save your breath, my experience with VisualWorks & an old conversation with Peter Deutsch at York convinced me that actually this hybrid is better than the alternative if one has an interpreter in the execution engine, which we do in all Cog VMs

I like the separated out idea because it's a cleaner conceptual design. If the less-clean actual design works better in actual use, then it's actually preferable. I'm an engineer, not a Computer Scientist; we like things that work. And Dilithium crystals.

tim
"...sin, young man, is when you treat people as things". Granny said it, Pterry wrote it, That settles it.