[squeak-dev] The Inbox: Collections-nice.891.mcz

Nicolas Cellier nicolas.cellier.aka.nice at gmail.com
Mon May 4 19:21:28 UTC 2020

Here is a snapshot of the hierarchy I used in VW several years ago.

[image: Capture d’écran 2020-05-04 à 21.11.17.png]
It is in cincom store SYSEXT-RawArray
Unlike squeak, I have used single-byte elements uniformly.
VW only provide 8(byte) and 16(word) bits elements, so there is not much to
gain in complexifying the interface.
I did use Float and Double rather than Float32 and Float64 to fit what is
in a VW image. For the rest, just int and uint...
I might re-create a similar hierarchy in STEM, but I would prefer to see a
good one in the base image. That's useful for everyone.