[squeak-dev] Updating a 5.3-19335 image fails on Pi

tim Rowledge tim at rowledge.org
Sat May 9 19:57:06 UTC 2020

> On 2020-05-09, at 12:31 PM, tim Rowledge <tim at rowledge.org> wrote:
>
> The Parser>>#pattern:inContext: code clearly sends asSymbol to the string it extracts, which in turn leads us to #like: in WeakSet, which of course relies on hash values and we have had a little fun with those and 32/64 bit stuff.

Hmm, the hashing of  the string is done in the MiscPrimitivePlugin; didn't we have some fun with that too, recently? Similarly the string collation to match the string with the content of the symbol. How any of that can be non-deterministic I just don't know.

tim
Make it right before you make it faster.