[squeak-dev] Failed Tests for 5.3-19647

tim Rowledge tim at rowledge.org
Sun May 10 02:49:24 UTC 2020

After managing to do that update I returned to what I had been thinking about in order to suggest some fixes for the failing tests.

In this update image I get 5031 tests run, 16 failures and 48 errors. Note again that this is a 32bit image on a  Pi.

The testrunner stopped with a notifier complaIning about a failed socket prim in SqueakSSLTest>>#testSSLSockets and I suppose it may well be due to the previously mentioned very out of date certificate. Is anyone seeing this test pass? And shouldn't the testrunner be trapping the errors and not showing notitifers?

I'm going to attach screenshots of the lists of failures since we don't have a way to save a list.

You can ignore the mouse buttons preference since I swap mouse buttons to be the PROPER way.

The second failure is the #testBecomeForwardIdentityHash where the has is not transferred correctly. This was a recent topic of list discussions and IIRC a vm fix. Perhaps it didn't make it into the 5.0-202004292351 vm?

The next problem, CaseErrorTest>testCaseErrorInPrintOn simply locked up the system completely as soon as I tried to run it to examine the code; evidently one of those cases where it went wild in a way that screwed over any attempt to cmd-. We really need to find ways to stop this sort of nastiness. I left it running for about 5 minutes before getting too bored to leave it any more. In another attempted run that test did actually terminate when run via the 'Run Failures' button.

The undeclared test fails because there are two Undelcreds - MirrorPrimitives and WindowColorSpec.

#testFindSelector is an interesting case since it looks like it might relate to the problem I had updating - a symbol and string finding a selector etc.

So, not a very good result and I haven't got to the errors list yet.

tim
Cashew:  nut that makes you sneeze