[squeak-dev] Failed Tests for 5.3-19647

tim Rowledge tim at rowledge.org
Sun May 10 18:50:35 UTC 2020

More results in digging into this list of failures -

A partial explanation for the failed socket (not just the SSL) tests - I remembered that we recently decided to turn on the IPv6 switch to see what happens. Well, on a Pi all the socket tests fail. Turn off IPv6 and they all pass. Sigh. Is there some magic I would need to do to turn on IPv6 on Raspbian? Is it a compile flag issue in the VM build?

Though not of course the SSL ones; that seems to need a new certificate, however one handles that. Can we make a new certificate?

A partial explanation of what is happening in the BecomeTest>>#testBecomeForwardIdentityHash code - instead of both objects getting the original identity hash of 'a', they get the hash of 'b'.

BitmapStreamTests>>#testOtherClasses fails because PointArray new:3 makes an array with 6 slots (because x & y values) and so reports a #basicSize -> 6, but still uses 4 bytes per slot and thus fails the test since 6 * 4 is not 12. I suggest we might want to over-ride #byteSize in PointArray to solve this.

SpectrumAnalyzerMorph>>#showSonogram needs fixing to remove the underscore assign.

Eight pacakge dependency tests need some attention -
PackageDependencyTest>>#testCollections
PackageDependencyTest>>#testMorphic
PackageDependencyTest>>#testMultilingual
PackageDependencyTest>>#testNetwork
PackageDependencyTest>>#testPreferenceBrowser
PackageDependencyTest>>#testProtocols
PackageDependencyTest>>#testShoutCore
ST80PackageDependencyTest>>#testST80

WriteBarrierTest refers to Undeclared 'MirrorPrimitives'
The deprecated Object class>>#windowColorSpecification referes to Undeclared 'WindowColorSpec'.

tim
A bug in the hand is better than one as yet undetected.