[squeak-dev] Please try out | Inspector Refactoring =)

Jakob Reschke forums.jakob at resfarm.de
Sun May 10 19:36:32 UTC 2020

A modifier would be ok-ish for me. Would the default (without
modifier) be dragging the object or dragging the field? I'd say
dragging the field is a meta operation and should therefore require
the modifier, what do you think?

A nice solution would be if Morphic drag and drop learned that
multiple things can be dragged with a single movement - like Windows
drag and drop and probably all the other OS drag and drops can (for
example, plain text + formatted rich text + . Then one could drag both
the field and the value. Then as a drop receiver, I would still need
to dispatch what is being dragged and pick the right object, but I
would not have to know all kinds of wrappers that could appear in the
System and how to unpack them.

Strictly speaking, nobody forces me to accept the latest and greatest
invention of the IDE and instead I could insist on a drag from my own
set of tools for the domain. But developer convenience... :-D