[squeak-dev] <CDECL kerfuffled on OpenGL. was (Re: OGLUnixX11LE >> glPixelStorei: with:

gettimothy gettimothy at zoho.com
Sun May 10 22:21:00 UTC 2020

---- On Sun, 10 May 2020 16:04:35 -0400 Levente Uzonyi <mailto:leves at caesar.elte.hu> wrote ----

FFI calls are not pragmas. They support different syntax, so they are

language extensions.

Levente

thx,

makes sense. in terms of FFI the <generated> is just documentation/marker stuff for use by the FFI test . Those classes, themselves are not Tests.

Here is my current thinking, there are x possiblities.

.

possibility 1. The <apicall:module> is a marker/tag used by "something" to insert platform specific method code . I see this approach  in OGLExtManager loadExtension:

in this possibility, then the fact that it is not recognized as a Pragma would explain the failure to replace the code.

possiblity 2. the <apicall:module:> is an actual call

if this is the case, it does not work, and I need a butt-simple library call to test this possibility.

Or, I need to find all existing <apicall:module:>  methods and see if they work.

thank you for your time