[squeak-dev] Failed Tests for 5.3-19647

tim Rowledge tim at rowledge.org
Mon May 11 00:07:10 UTC 2020

> On 2020-05-10, at 1:58 PM, David T. Lewis <lewis at mail.msen.com> wrote:
>
> On Sun, May 10, 2020 at 11:50:35AM -0700, tim Rowledge wrote:
>> More results in digging into this list of failures -
>>
>> A partial explanation for the failed socket (not just the SSL) tests - I remembered that we recently decided to turn on the IPv6 switch to see what happens. Well, on a Pi all the socket tests fail. Turn off IPv6 and they all pass. Sigh. Is there some magic I would need to do to turn on IPv6 on Raspbian? Is it a compile flag issue in the VM build?
>>

> The IPv6 primitives are all in SocketPlugin. I would not expect the actual primitives
> to work any differently, but as Windows users have noticed there are definitely
> differences in the resolvers on different platforms, and you may be hitting issues
> related to that. Also, I think that some of our network code assumes that there
> is such a thing as "the IP address of my computer", which is generally wrong and
> probably causes mischief in some of the tests. My best suggestion would be just
> to step slowly though any of the failing tests and see if you can spot where
> it's getting confused.
>
> Also, try turning off the "EnableIPv6" preference and see if the tests start passing.

Yup, done that - " Turn off IPv6 and they all pass."

I've also now tried the test on a Mac 64bit system and the socket (and SSL of course) tests fail there too.

I had to exclude the AllocationTest stuff since that just tried to eat the Mac when I attempted it.

For extra fun, on the Mac FloatTest>>#testTimesTwoPowerGradualUnderflow failed where it did not on Pi. As did the PolygonMorphTest>testContainsPoint. Quite what would make them different I can't see right now.

tim
Strange OpCodes: BYEBYE: Store in Write-Only Storage