[squeak-dev] Failed Tests for 5.3-19647

Marcel Taeumel marcel.taeumel at hpi.de
Mon May 11 05:58:23 UTC 2020

Hi all!

Build version 19647 is not Squeak 5.3. It is Trunk, 6.0alpha. The Squeak release version 5.3 is at build 19438.

If you start updating an older 5.3alpha image, you end up with 6.0alpha, not the 5.3 release version.

@Tim: If you want to run all the tests after such an update, make sure to run "ReleaseBuilder prepareSourceCode; prepareEnvironment" first. Maybe take a look at ReleaseBuilder class >> #saveAsNewClean.

Best,
Marcel
Am 11.05.2020 02:07:19 schrieb tim Rowledge <tim at rowledge.org>:

> On 2020-05-10, at 1:58 PM, David T. Lewis wrote:
>
> On Sun, May 10, 2020 at 11:50:35AM -0700, tim Rowledge wrote:
>> More results in digging into this list of failures -
>>
>> A partial explanation for the failed socket (not just the SSL) tests - I remembered that we recently decided to turn on the IPv6 switch to see what happens. Well, on a Pi all the socket tests fail. Turn off IPv6 and they all pass. Sigh. Is there some magic I would need to do to turn on IPv6 on Raspbian? Is it a compile flag issue in the VM build?
>>

> The IPv6 primitives are all in SocketPlugin. I would not expect the actual primitives
> to work any differently, but as Windows users have noticed there are definitely
> differences in the resolvers on different platforms, and you may be hitting issues
> related to that. Also, I think that some of our network code assumes that there
> is such a thing as "the IP address of my computer", which is generally wrong and
> probably causes mischief in some of the tests. My best suggestion would be just
> to step slowly though any of the failing tests and see if you can spot where
> it's getting confused.
>
> Also, try turning off the "EnableIPv6" preference and see if the tests start passing.

Yup, done that - " Turn off IPv6 and they all pass."

I've also now tried the test on a Mac 64bit system and the socket (and SSL of course) tests fail there too.

I had to exclude the AllocationTest stuff since that just tried to eat the Mac when I attempted it.

For extra fun, on the Mac FloatTest>>#testTimesTwoPowerGradualUnderflow failed where it did not on Pi. As did the PolygonMorphTest>testContainsPoint. Quite what would make them different I can't see right now.

tim
Strange OpCodes: BYEBYE: Store in Write-Only Storage