[squeak-dev] SSL/Socket error code interpretation

tim Rowledge tim at rowledge.org
Tue May 12 17:34:13 UTC 2020

> On 2020-05-12, at 4:30 AM, gettimothy via Squeak-dev <squeak-dev at lists.squeakfoundation.org> wrote:
>
> Check your systems time.
>
> My 32 bit machine loses date time on loss of power.
>
> During squeak install preference wizard at step to optionally load git, osprocess, ffi, etc, the yes button is disabled with a warning message.
>
> Set system date time with nntp calls and it works.

An interesting but not-related issue - but do you not have your machine set to handle getting the time from ntp automagically? On my Pi's for example you have to do some moderately fiddly work to *prevent* that if you want to rely on an RTC HAT.

tim
Computers are useless.  They can only give you answers.