[squeak-dev] The Inbox: Morphic-ct.1659.mcz

Thiede, Christoph Christoph.Thiede at student.hpi.uni-potsdam.de
Sun May 17 13:40:27 UTC 2020

Hi Marcel,

isn't this situation comparable to the items in the docking bar? The centered "changeset" button looks exactly the same as the menu items on the left. But the menu items react on mouseDown, whereas the changeset button reacts on mouseUp only.

I was rather thinking of this rule: All *leaf* buttons that actually raise an action should behave in the same fashion. However, the menu box is only a "branch" button, so it does not actually invoke an action. If we have it react only on mouseUp only, it costs the user an extra click to actually select an action from the menu.

Can you understand me? :-)

Best,

Christoph