[squeak-dev] FFI | How to declare pointer to external structure in #fields?

K K Subbu kksubbu.ml at gmail.com
Tue May 19 18:34:10 UTC 2020

On 19/05/20 1:26 am, Nicolas Cellier wrote:
> On one side, I wanted to focus on contents more than on the format. But
> on the other side, I want some graphical illustrations accurate enough.
> I wrote in Word because it was easy for me to include tables and
> graphics, but it's kinda stupid, especially because Word make you focus
> on format more than contents ! LaTeX is not general enough, it would
> rather be a backend nowadays. I contemplated using pandoc which has good
> support, or the much more limited Pilar, which at least is Smalltalk
> based...

If you are on a Unix/Linux box, you could use groff/nroff man macros
with tbl (tables) and pic (vector diagrams). man macros are convenient
for writing library guides and references. You also have converters from
man to html/ps/pdf etc. The Squeak man page on Unix ports is written
this way.

E.g.
$ nroff -man platforms/unix/doc/squeak.1

HTH .. Subbu