[squeak-dev] Image not startable after save

Jakob Reschke forums.jakob at resfarm.de
Fri May 22 16:33:26 UTC 2020

Hi all,

I just updated my Squeak trunk image. After saving, I cannot reload it:

---------------------------
Squeak!
---------------------------
Aborting!!!!
Color depth 0 not supported
---------------------------
OK

Then it prints the stack trace and exits.

I restored a backup from yesterday and reloaded my own changes. An
image saved from that is still functional. After updating Squeak
again, I see the same error as above, so it is reproducible.

But I cannot invoke the error with a fresh image... so it must be
something with my image after all. Any ideas or suggestions? Does
anyone else experience issues after an update?

Kind regards,
Jakob