[squeak-dev] [ANN] Aida/Web v6.8 released

Janko Mivšek janko.mivsek at eranova.si
Mon May 25 08:47:22 UTC 2020

Edgar J. De Cleene je 25. 05. 20 ob 10:18 napisal:
> Janko , is a very good news.
> I give a try to it.
> Have the server support for rendering .wasm files ?

No. Aida supports a thick stateful server-centered SPA model (see
Wikipedia [1]) which happens to be more than fast enough to achieve
interaction responses bellow 100ms and therefore unnoticeable to human eye.

Once I flirted with idea to transpile to JS as Amber, SqueakJS and
similar do, but I found no reason for such an effort, well, maybe for
writing web games in the future :)

But I someone is interested, he can make such an add-on to Aida ...

> And suppose https://www.aidaweb.si
>
> Best is build with Aida ..

:) Thanks for the nice words Edgar.

Janko