[squeak-dev] FFI | FFIExternalSharedPoolPlatform -> ExternalPlatform or FFIPlatform or ... ?

Marcel Taeumel marcel.taeumel at hpi.de
Tue May 26 13:54:08 UTC 2020

Hi, all!

I want to generalize FFIExternalSharedPoolPlatform to use it for both external pools (first element in generated array) and external structures (ExternalStructure class >> install).

I need a new name. :-)

- ExternalPlatform ... too close to SmalltalkImage >> #platform* ?
- FFIPlatform ... reads FFI-specific, which could be good enough for now
- ...

OR: Just add SystemPlatform to "System-Support" to have a platform object for all kinds of libraries? We already have SystemVersion.

Best,
Marcel