[squeak-dev] Undeclared 'nanos' in Cryptology extension to DateAndTime

Robert Withers robert.withers at pm.me
Fri May 29 01:34:49 UTC 2020

Hi tim,

I suppose this loaded [Cryptography-rww.115.mcz](http://www.squeaksource.com/@UVOjVleySCHPbYTv/RDxHR27n?42) and since we broke apart the different packages, I have not loaded it.

> Having now tried
>
>> Installer ss project: 'Cryptography'; install: 'ProCrypto-1-1-1'.
>
> in a clean image I can confirm that it does not result in any Undeclared, which is good.

Excellent news!

> However, it failed to load the BlowfishTests class that was in the original Blowfish package per Paul DeBruiker, which would be helpful to have included. I used them a couple of days ago to help work out why the string encrypt/decrypt code was so very, very, broken. I have fixes, once we are able to see the proper path to loading everything.

I am glad to see that code recovered. Sorry I missed it!

You also wrote in another email:

On 5/28/20 7:03 PM, tim Rowledge wrote:

> After building an image with
>
>>> Installer ss project: 'Cryptography'; install: 'ProCrypto-1-1-1'.
>
> used to load crypto, I integrated my suggested changes to Blowfish and published the change to the inbox. I hope they make things better.

Um, I have no idea how publishing to the Inbox works. At all. Please copy your version CryptographyCiphers-tpr.21 to 'Cryptography' and update ProCrypto-1-1-1 to reference it for composite loading. I added you as a User to Cryptography project, tim. Welcome aboard!

Could you explain how we may use the Inbox, please?

Kindly, rabbit