[squeak-dev] FFI | Squeak's Integer to C 'long' or 'long long'

Marcel Taeumel marcel.taeumel at hpi.de
Fri May 29 11:06:24 UTC 2020

Hi, there!

Here is a question of consistency. :-)

In the definition of external structures, we write 'long' or 'long long'.
In the definition of external pools, we write #Integer.

The latter is automatically converted into a "(long long)" cast for printf.

What is the better approach? I think it would be better to also write 'long' or 'long long' when defining external pools:

<ffiVariable: MY_CONSTANT type: 'long long'>
instead of
<ffiVariable: MY_CONSTANT type: #LargePositiveInteger>

Would make it easier to define platform-specific differences.

Best,
Marcel