[squeak-dev] Metacello Tonel Support Proposal

Jakob Reschke forums.jakob at resfarm.de
Fri May 29 19:34:18 UTC 2020

Hi Mariano,

That is interesting to hear, thank you!

What is VA Smalltalk's stance about Tonel interoperability between the
Smalltalks _in the same project_? For example, if the main developers
use VA Smalltalk, there will be the additional ENVY properties for
SubApplications and such in the meta files. But when someone loads the
project in Squeak or Pharo and writes another version, this will not
include these additional properties. So if this person created a pull
request, merging it without manual polishing will "destroy" the
additional setup for VA Smalltalk.

I am asking because we are facing similar problems between Squeak and
Pharo, although they are still much closer to one another than VA
Smalltalk is to any of them.

Kind regards,
Jakob