[squeak-dev] Awkwarddescription of development process inbox/treated stuff

David T. Lewis lewis at mail.msen.com
Fri May 29 21:42:08 UTC 2020

On Fri, May 29, 2020 at 01:21:39PM -0700, tim Rowledge wrote:
> I just noticed that the description of what to do for inbox/treated
> is a bit painful. There seems to be a confusion between the name of
> the repository that we would use in the MC repository info
> (http://source.squeak.org/inbox) and the URL for the relevant project
> webpage to visit to move inbox items to treated (http://source.squeak.org/inbox.html).
>
> I suggest that we might change the URL mentioned in the section 'How
> Commits to the Inbox are Merged' to add the '.html' and thus direct to
> the project page. Does that make better sense?

Just in case any of this gets summarized and posted somewhere, such as
maybe on a swiki page, then it would be good to add a link to it from
the source.squeak.org home page.

Currently it has been saying this for about the last ten years or so:

   "You might want to read A New Community Development Model. More info soon."

It would be great if the "More info soon" part could be a link to something
cool about our current best practices.

Or maybe it could just be a link to a page that says "our development model
turned out to be so fabulously perfect that no additional information was
ever deemed necessary."

;-)

Dave