[squeak-dev] automated checking for new versions of a package in order to trigger a build cycle

Marcel Taeumel marcel.taeumel at hpi.de
Thu Nov 5 07:54:45 UTC 2020

Hi Tim.

We do a cron job for squeak-app to create the updated bundles for files.squeak.org. Daily for Trunk, monthly for releases. In-image changes are not propagated to GitHub or TravisCI.

You could avoid a cron setup by -- after any change in your selected packages -- writing stuff to some related repository which can then be tracked through GitHub/TravisCI.

Hmm.. you can also set up Squot and track/commit/push the packages you are interested in to some personal repo. Maybe fork github.com/squeak-smalltalk/squeak-app and push changes to there into some folder. From there you can integrate TravisCI, too. From within your working image, you could automatically trigger Squot to do that pushing from time to time.

Maybe this helps. :-)

Best,
Marcel