[squeak-dev] The Trunk: Morphic-mt.1713.mcz

commits at source.squeak.org commits at source.squeak.org
Mon Nov 9 07:52:37 UTC 2020

Marcel Taeumel uploaded a new version of Morphic to project The Trunk:
http://source.squeak.org/trunk/Morphic-mt.1713.mcz

Name: Morphic-mt.1713
Author: mt
Time: 9 November 2020, 8:52:30.010357 am
UUID: 36a88f5c-ef4c-9943-8658-68c3485a5ed6
Ancestors: Morphic-mt.1712

Adds documentation for active globals. Thanks to Dave (dtl) for taking care!

=============== Diff against Morphic-mt.1712 ===============

Item was changed:
  DynamicVariable subclass: #ActiveEventVariable
  	instanceVariableNames: ''
  	classVariableNames: ''
  	poolDictionaries: ''
  	category: 'Morphic-Worlds'!
+
+ !ActiveEventVariable commentStamp: 'mt 11/9/2020 08:50' prior: 0!
+ I refer to the event responsible for the current action. Inbetween event handling cycles my value will be last event from the previous cycle, usually a mouse event.
+
+ Please talk to me only through #currentEvent, which is understood by all objects.
+
+ For more information, see http://wiki.squeak.org/squeak/6647.!

Item was changed:
  DynamicVariable subclass: #ActiveHandVariable
  	instanceVariableNames: ''
  	classVariableNames: ''
  	poolDictionaries: ''
  	category: 'Morphic-Worlds'!
+
+ !ActiveHandVariable commentStamp: 'mt 11/9/2020 08:50' prior: 0!
+ I refer to the hand that issued the event responsible for the current action. In a multi-user setup, this hand identifies which user-incarnation invoked the action. Inbetween event handling cycles, my value is equivalent to the current project's primary hand.
+
+ Please talk to me only through #currentHand, which is understood by all objects.
+
+ For more information, see http://wiki.squeak.org/squeak/6647.!

Item was changed:
  DynamicVariable subclass: #ActiveWorldVariable
  	instanceVariableNames: ''
  	classVariableNames: ''
  	poolDictionaries: ''
  	category: 'Morphic-Worlds'!
+
+ !ActiveWorldVariable commentStamp: 'mt 11/9/2020 08:49' prior: 0!
+ I refer to the world currently in control of handling some event. Usually my value is identical with the current project's world, but for embedded worlds the world will change when event handling reaches the new (inner world) and will be restored when event handling leaves it.
+
+ Please talk to me only through #currentWorld, which is understood by all objects.
+
+ For more information, see http://wiki.squeak.org/squeak/6647.!

Item was changed:
  Object subclass: #WorldState
+ 	instanceVariableNames: 'hands viewBox canvas damageRecorder stepList lastStepTime lastStepMessage lastCycleTime commandHistory alarms lastAlarmTime remoteServer multiCanvas interCycleDelay'
- 	instanceVariableNames: 'hands activeHand viewBox canvas damageRecorder stepList lastStepTime lastStepMessage lastCycleTime commandHistory alarms lastAlarmTime remoteServer multiCanvas interCycleDelay'
  	classVariableNames: 'CanSurrenderToOS DeferredUIMessages DisableDeferredUpdates LastCycleTime MinCycleLapse'
  	poolDictionaries: ''
  	category: 'Morphic-Worlds'!

  !WorldState commentStamp: 'ls 7/10/2003 19:30' prior: 0!
  The state of a Morphic world.  (This needs some serious commenting!!!!)

  The MinCycleLapse variable holds the minimum amount of time that a morphic cycle is allowed to take.  If a cycle takes less than this, then interCyclePause: will wait until the full time has been used up.!