[squeak-dev] Drop shadows during grabbing

tim Rowledge tim at rowledge.org
Mon Nov 9 17:44:34 UTC 2020

> On 2020-11-09, at 12:01 AM, Marcel Taeumel <marcel.taeumel at hpi.de> wrote:
>
> Hi Christoph.
>
> > I wonder whether we should turn off drop shadows during grabbing a morph?

Honestly, I'd vote for dumping drop shadows entirely. It's an old, tired, neo-skeuomorphic approach that lingers on from the old days of pretending that some sort of photorealistic model of a messy desk would magically make everyone's lives organised.

It's dead Jim. Let's not render the corpse in 4k quality.

tim
The next generation of computers will have a "Warranty Expired" interrupt.