[squeak-dev] The Trunk: System-tonyg.1193.mcz

commits at source.squeak.org commits at source.squeak.org
Tue Nov 10 08:57:53 UTC 2020

Tony Garnock-Jones uploaded a new version of System to project The Trunk:
http://source.squeak.org/trunk/System-tonyg.1193.mcz

Name: System-tonyg.1193
Author: tonyg
Time: 10 November 2020, 9:57:50.481732 am
UUID: b7b2cc99-52f1-4be3-8c74-813ab33c6d23
Ancestors: System-mt.1192

Allow per-instance control over TextDiffBuilder showInsertBeforeRemove.

=============== Diff against System-mt.1192 ===============

Item was changed:
  Object subclass: #TextDiffBuilder
+ 	instanceVariableNames: 'xLines yLines ignoreLineEndings showInsertBeforeRemove'
- 	instanceVariableNames: 'xLines yLines ignoreLineEndings'
  	classVariableNames: 'IgnoreLineEndings InsertTextAttributes NormalTextAttributes RemoveTextAttributes ShowInsertBeforeRemove'
  	poolDictionaries: ''
  	category: 'System-FilePackage'!

+ !TextDiffBuilder commentStamp: 'tonyg 11/10/2020 09:55' prior: 0!
- !TextDiffBuilder commentStamp: 'fbs 9/23/2013 08:58' prior: 0!
  I implement the diff algorithm. I can show the differences between two texts. See my method comments for further information.

  Instance Variables
  	xLines:				<Array>
  	yLines:				<Array>
  	ignoreLineEndings:	<Boolean>
+ 	showInsertBeforeRemove:	<Boolean> or nil

  xLines
  	- an Array of DiffElements which is created from the first input text

  yLines
  	- an Array of DiffElements which is created from the second input text

  ignoreLineEndings
+ 	- a Boolean describing whether lines only differing in the line endings should be reported as a difference, or not
+
+ showInsertBeforeRemove
+ 	- a Boolean describing whether inserts should be processed ahead of matching removes for changed blocks, or the other way around. If nil, the system-wide preference is used (see class-side showInsertBeforeRemove).!
- 	- a Boolean describing whether lines only differing in the line endings should be reported as a difference, or not!

Item was changed:
  ----- Method: TextDiffBuilder>>patchSequenceDoIfMatch:ifInsert:ifRemove: (in category 'creating patches') -----
  patchSequenceDoIfMatch: matchBlock ifInsert: insertBlock ifRemove: removeBlock
  	"I'm the general purpose method to iterate through the patch sequence. See my senders to learn how to use me."

  	| aLines bLines aBlock bBlock aLine aLineStream |
+ 	self showInsertBeforeRemove
- 	self class showInsertBeforeRemove
  		ifTrue: [ aLines := xLines. bLines := yLines. aBlock := insertBlock. bBlock := removeBlock ]
  		ifFalse: [ aLines := yLines. bLines := xLines. aBlock := removeBlock. bBlock := insertBlock ].
  	aLineStream := aLines readStream.
  	bLines do: [ :bLine |
  		bLine hasMatch
  			ifFalse: [
  				aBlock value: bLine string  ]
  			ifTrue: [
  				[ (aLine := aLineStream next) == nil or: [ aLine == bLine match  ] ]
  					whileFalse: [ bBlock value: aLine string ].
  				matchBlock value: bLine string ] ].
  	[ (aLine := aLineStream next) == nil ] whileFalse: [
  		bBlock value: aLine string ]!

Item was added:
+ ----- Method: TextDiffBuilder>>showInsertBeforeRemove (in category 'creating patches') -----
+ showInsertBeforeRemove
+ 	^ showInsertBeforeRemove ifNil: [self class showInsertBeforeRemove]!