[squeak-dev] Worlds in Worlds are NOT completely dead?! ????

David T. Lewis lewis at mail.msen.com
Wed Nov 11 20:19:32 UTC 2020

On Wed, Nov 11, 2020 at 12:34:24PM -0600, Christoph Thiede wrote:
> Wow, you can even nest them and drag and drop between them (even though with
> a few hick-ups):
> https://user-images.githubusercontent.com/38782922/98850138-96282c00-2454-11eb-892a-671201def342.gif
> <https://user-images.githubusercontent.com/38782922/98850138-96282c00-2454-11eb-892a-671201def342.gif>

Indeed it is very cool. Bob Arning is certainly a resident expert on
this topic (and original author of much of it, judging by the method
stamps).

It is great that we have managed to keep it semi-functional for all
these years, and it will be even greater if can can polish and extend
it as you suggest :-)

In addition to just being very cool, it is also an excellent way of
validating the modularity of Morphic/MVC/SqueakShell/other projects.
My hope is that as you and others continue to make progress on reducing
dependence on global variables, it will become easier to make embedded
worlds work smoothly and reliably.

Dave