[squeak-dev] GoferRepositoryError: can''t find EOCD position

stes@PANDORA.BE stes at telenet.be
Thu Nov 26 17:32:18 UTC 2020

Thanks for the suggestion.

I will try a newer version of ZipArchive>>readFrom:

By the way, sorry to spam this list with Seaside questions,
but it's also a little bit of a Squeak question,
given the fact that I'm trying to load Seaside on Squeak 4.19.2

Note that I think that Metacello loaded (despite the error).

I can go ahead and do for example:

Metacello new
 configuration:'Seaside3';
 repository: 'http://www.smalltalkhub.com/mc/Seaside/MetacelloConfigurations/main';
 version: #'release3.1';
 load

I think the above succesfully loaded Seaside version 3.1.4.3
(after lots and lots loading messages).

The reason why I'm trying release3.1 is because with the default

Metacello new
 baseline:'Seaside3';
 repository: 'github://SeasideSt/Seaside:master/repository';
 load

I'm having some other errors:

Warning: This package depends on the following classes:
  GRDynamicVariable
You must resolve these dependencies before you will be able to load these definitions:
  WACurrentExceptionHandler
  WACurrentRequestContext
  WACurrentRequestContext class>>defaultValue
  WADynamicVariable

click on Proceed

MessageNotUnderstood: Character>>greaseInteger

I've done some research on "greaseInteger"  (funny name if you ask me)

http://forum.world.st/MNU-Character-gt-gt-greaseInteger-when-loading-Seaside-in-Squeak-Trunk-td4922096.html

So others have seen the greaseInteger error as well.

However when I load #'release 3.1' it seems to load nicely without errors ..

After loading I can find a method greaseInteger (which is something
of Seaside I think) under

Browser -> Character -> instance methods -> *grease-pharo-core

greaseInteger
        "Answer an unicode code point of the receiver."
        ^ self charCode

I'm a newbie in this but I think *grease-pharo-core looks like some sort
of category of messages that a package has been adding to the Character class.

So I suspect greaseInteger is some sort of message that loading Seaside,
added to the Character class.

What is the correct term in Smalltalk / Squeak to call the string
*grease-pharo-core ??  it's a set of messages .

For example under "accessing" you can find asciiValue,
charCode, codePoint, digitValue, encodedCharSet, leadingChar.

What is the correct term for "accessing" or "*grease-pharo-core"
? (set of messages that you can see in the Browser for that class)

Thanks,
David Stes