[squeak-dev] Development methodology (was: tedious programming-in-the-debugger error needs fixing)

Jakob Reschke forums.jakob at resfarm.de
Thu Oct 1 22:22:33 UTC 2020

Am Do., 1. Okt. 2020 um 23:43 Uhr schrieb Thiede, Christoph
<Christoph.Thiede at student.hpi.uni-potsdam.de>:

> > Sounds like Christoph wants an issue tracker that is integrated with the version control system.
>
> Exactly. You managed to summarize in one sentence which took me two screen pages. :-)

Usually it's me who writes the walls of text, but you're welcome. ;-)

> The actual question is how big is the actual demand for such a hybrid/two-way VCS for us a community (and not for me as a single Monticello-moaning person) and how many people actually would like to use the git interface.

Well I have lost track myself of how many of my Inbox submissions have
actually been merged, or even been commented or not... even with a
label for them in Gmail I find it just too cumbersome to follow up and
run after all of those that get no attention (and compared to you I
don't submit all that many). The Inbox submission email can be far
away from the Trunk merge email of the same version, just to give one
example of another first world problem. Also most inbox threads do not
explicitly get "closed" and instead remain dangling around.