[squeak-dev] Getting from GitBrowser to the System Browser

gettimothy gettimothy at zoho.com
Sat Oct 3 18:41:28 UTC 2020

Hi,

Thanks.

On a brand new squeak6.0 alpha (easily spun up thanks to the squeak-launcher (:)

git tools, etc installed via the preference wizard.

BaselineOftonel is in Monticello browser.

I run

repository: 'github://squeak-smalltalk/squeak-tonel:squeak';

baseline: 'Tonel';

get; load.

works fine.

Open the Git browser,

Add Roassal3 project.

RHClick..Add remote copy-n-paste in
https://github.com/gettimothy/hello-world.githttps://github.com/tom95/Roassal3

MNU Text(Object) does not understand #includesSubstring:

what am I missing?

thx

The MNU again on
---- On Sat, 03 Oct 2020 13:15:11 -0400 Jakob Reschke <mailto:forums.jakob at resfarm.de> wrote ----

Hi,

Tom provided the fix and the pull request, and I integrated it. So
yes, we work together.

Now to update an existing installation I suppose one should use Metacello:

 Metacello new
 repository: 'github://squeak-smalltalk/squeak-tonel:squeak';
 baseline: 'Tonel';
 get; load.

Kind regards,
Jakob