[squeak-dev] The Trunk: Tools-eem.995.mcz

commits at source.squeak.org commits at source.squeak.org
Fri Oct 9 00:45:24 UTC 2020

Eliot Miranda uploaded a new version of Tools to project The Trunk:
http://source.squeak.org/trunk/Tools-eem.995.mcz

Name: Tools-eem.995
Author: eem
Time: 8 October 2020, 5:45:21.763017 pm
UUID: bb98e3aa-f777-4e88-8891-a0c8e640b0c4
Ancestors: Tools-eem.994

Fix integer bases in the ContextInspector. self object in a ContextInspector is the context itself.  So to find out if we should be using a strange base we have to ask the context's receiver class, not Context.

And use a Symbol looking up a class to save interning.  (One should always use symbols to look up known class names; they show up in references to class queries that way).

=============== Diff against Tools-eem.994 ===============

Item was added:
+ ----- Method: ContextInspector>>defaultIntegerBase (in category 'user interface') -----
+ defaultIntegerBase
+ 	"Answer the default base in which to print integers.
+ 	 Defer to the class of the instance."
+
+ 	^ (self object receiver class respondsTo: #defaultIntegerBaseInDebugger)
+ 		ifTrue: [self object receiver class perform: #defaultIntegerBaseInDebugger]
+ 		ifFalse: [10]!

Item was changed:
  ----- Method: Inspector>>initialize (in category 'initialization') -----
  initialize

  	super initialize.

  	customFields := OrderedCollection new.
  	selectionIndex := 0.

+ 	fieldListStyler := (Smalltalk classNamed: #SHTextStylerST80)
- 	fieldListStyler := (Smalltalk classNamed: 'SHTextStylerST80')
  		ifNotNil: [:class | class new].!