[squeak-dev] Getting from GitBrowser to the System Browser . + Woot!

gettimothy gettimothy at zoho.com
Sat Oct 10 14:03:08 UTC 2020

Hi folks

I have been hunting down why my

Transcript clear.

Metacello new

    repository: 'github://tom95/Roassal3';

    baseline: 'Roassal3';

    load.

is erroring out.

Here is the initial process which I have done:

pristine image

Preference Wizard last page install git, refactor etc.

Installer ensureRecentMetacello

SquitAddRemote >>remoteName

^ remoteName ifNil: [String empty] ifNotNil: [remoteName asString]

Manually unload all three tonel packages using the Monticello Browser

MonticelloTonel-Core

MonticelloTonel-FileSystem

MonticelloTonel-Tests

and then running:

Metacello new

     repository: 'github://squeak-smalltalk/squeak-tonel:squeak';

     baseline: 'Tonel';

     load.

A couple of things.

TonelFileUtils install

is not being automatically run . this populates the Current class instance variable needed or the TonelFilueUtils > current class side call.

Then, in

TonelRepository >> directoryFromFileName: aString

"Answer the reference to the directory represented by the 'file name'."

^ self fileUtils

directoryFromPath: (self class directoryNameFromFileName: aString)

relativeTo: self directory

is throwing an SubclassResponsibility signal because

TonelFileUtils class >> directoryFromPath: directoryPath relativeTo: aDirectory    self subclassResponsibility

What I presume we want is a TonelFileSystemUtils...

so....in

TonelFileUtils class >> install    Current := self

make it:

TonelFileUtils class >>install    Current := TonelFileSystemUtils

Install proceeds as previously described and

RSChartExample new example01Markers open.

works.

Woot!