[squeak-dev] [ANN] Squeak converted to Tonel fomat

gettimothy gettimothy at zoho.com
Tue Oct 13 13:34:24 UTC 2020

Hi Edgar

First, thanks for this work; my comments on the bomb are a trifle.

Your .tar is not the issue.

Please do not waste time on what follows if you would rather focus on other things.

That said, here goes...

When we save a Workspace' conten to a file via the menu option/command, the file ends up in the 'root' directory of our image.

Similarly, when we run your Tonel message from a workspace, the output goes ther too.

Compare with Monticello, which puts its 'bombs' in pacjage-cache.

Again, do not waste time on this trifle, it is just a friendly FYI.

cordially

---- On Tue, 13 Oct 2020 06:02:22 -0400 edgardec2005 at gmail.com wrote ----

I updated https://github.com/edgardec/SqueakTonel
Seems right now.
Remove the .tar for no bombs
But in ancient times Dan have some class of compressed sources ....

Next step is figure how to use WebClient for retrieving and
https://github.com/ErikOnBike/CP-Bootstrap for see if I could create a
SqueakKernel

Edgar
@morplenauta

On 10/12/20, 4:19 PM, "Jakob Reschke" <forums.jakob at resfarm.de> wrote:

> Hi,

Am I blind or does the export only contain the class definitions, but
> not
the methods?

Could you commit the files without archiving them, please?
> Then one could
have a look at them on GitHub directly.

Kind regards,
Jakob