[squeak-dev] Proposal | Resetting pragma preferences via 'nil' or #reset... message

Marcel Taeumel marcel.taeumel at hpi.de
Wed Oct 14 15:03:06 UTC 2020

Hi all!

Please find attached a change set that will implement #restoreDefaultValue on PragmaPreference looking for an optional #reset... message or just setting the preference to 'nil' and hoping for the best.

I added #reset... methods for all pragma preferences that do either (a) not support 'nil' or (b) do costly update stuff.

In the ReleaseBuilder, I opted for resetting all preferences as early as possible.

Can I put this in the Trunk? :-)

Best,
Marcel