[squeak-dev] Roassal next steps.

gettimothy gettimothy at zoho.com
Sun Oct 18 11:18:29 UTC 2020

Hi Jakob

"We" might not need Announcements, but Roassal uses them, so "it" needs them.

:-)

Is AXAnnouncements still API-compatible with the Pharo Announcements (or

should I phrase this the other way around)? Either way, it would be nice to

have a working Pharo-Announcements-API implementation for Squeak, at least

for compatibility's sake. It doesn't have to be in the Trunk, but once you

have an implementation or shim, one would extend the BaselineOfRoassal to

include this dependency for Squeak only.

I think this is worth working on.

One problem, is that I have no idea how to access the pharo Announcements repo so I can get it into squeak.

The pharo-local/package-cache is empty for the Announcments-Core(tonel-1)  and I don't know where to look on the web for pharo stuff.

Any pointers much appreciated, thx