[squeak-dev] Roassal next steps.

gettimothy gettimothy at zoho.com
Sun Oct 18 12:14:34 UTC 2020

Hi Tom

Hey timothy,

in theory, after loading Roassal3 from the fork I had sent you, you should already have a somewhat working Announcements installed. The two patches that I sent you, I believe, last week, fixed the two test cases that you pointed out were failing.

The package I'm loading on Squeak is this one: http://www.squeaksource.com/AXAnnouncements.html (but it should already be installed if you used Metacello to get Roassal3, you can check in your image to see if there already in an "Announcer" class).

Are there other roadblocks concerning Announcements that you are encountering?

Best,

Tom

I tried loading those methods into AXAnnouncments...

SubscriptionRegistry>>getInteractionsForClass: eventClass

"Return the list of subscription for a given Event class"

| answer |

answer := OrderedCollection new.

subscriptionsByAnnouncementClasses values do: [ :collection |

collection do: [:subscription |

(subscription action receiver class includesBehavior: eventClass) ifTrue: [answer add: subscription subscriber]]].

^ answer

SubscriptionRegistry>>handleSubscriberClass: eventClass

"Return true if the receiver has a callback subscripbed for the event class"

^ subscriptionsByAnnouncementClasses values anySatisfy: [ :subCollection |

subCollection anySatisfy: [:subscriber | subscriber action receiver class includesBehavior: eventClass ]]

and saw that SubscriptionRegistry is AXSubscriptionRegistry in AXAnnouncements...so, I unloaded AXAnnouncements and loaded Announcements from the same repo.

I failed , for some reason that I forget, so I decided to see if I could just get the pharo Announcments into Squeak.

If that fails, I will return to the Annoucements/AXAnnouncments .

I got the repo downloaded from pharo-project/pharo using Jakib's Git Browser (thank you Jakob) and I ill next figure out how to get that "package" into squeak from that interface.

cheers,

tty