[squeak-dev] Squeak equivalent of OSPlatform ?

gettimothy gettimothy at zoho.com
Tue Oct 20 18:55:35 UTC 2020

Hi folks,

> On 2020-10-20, at 7:31 AM, Marcel Taeumel <mailto:marcel.taeumel at hpi.de> wrote:

> But beware of writing too much "is(Unix|Windows)"-like code across your abstraction levels because checking for more specific capabilites might produce more readable code such as "canReadFat32Device". ... which was not your question at all here. :-D

Exactly - ask 'can I do this' not 'am I a wotsit'.

Fascinating! I see the utility of it. thx

FWIW, the install of Pillar on Squeak relies on something called a PackageManifest and a KernelManifest in Pharo.

I do not think it is worth pursuing via that route and I suspect I will have to roll-my-own.

cheers.